Participants have to prepare their dishes and take a photo of it then send it with the name of the dish, participant’s name ( eg:- participantName_Dishname )to firstname.lastname@example.org or send it to LINE (SrilankaJin)
Participants are allowed to use any ingredient available in Japan, but at the end it should be a Sri Lankan dish.
The dish should be one of the dessert, side dish, main dish, snack or appetizer.
Selected participants from the qualification round, we ask to send the video of preparing dish.
The selected participant’s dishes are published on Srilanka Jin Instagram and Facebook accounts with tagging the owner’s accounts and shared on srilankan embassy in Japan social media as well
After the deadline meets, no one can enroll for the competition. When making the video, below guidelines should be followed :-
When making the video, below guidelines should be followed :-
• Selected participants have to make a video of (minimum length 3 minutes, maximum 10 minutes) the dish (dish prepare video - cooking). You can send the video to email@example.com or LINE
• The video can be in form of a short film or picture slide show
• The video must include, short introduction of yourself and the about dish. If participant wish to talk while preparing the dish, we are accepting it too.
• Finally video must contain step-by-step preparation and final plate.
• Send the video to the firstname.lastname@example.org (e.g. :- you can upload the video to the google drive and share the link, or any other way if participant like to share the video, they can simply share it to the our email or can drop an email to ask about it. We are flexible to receiving the video on any media. Video should me in mp4 format)
• Video name must be in the format YOURNAME_DISHNAME
• The videos are post in SrilankaJin YouTube channel and then 50 participants are selecting by the judge panel for the third round which is the live cook-off round
The image should be
・Resolution 720 x 480 or higher
・Serve one serving on one plate
At the semi-final round the competitors have to prepare their dishes in front of the judges.
We will provide the kitchen , and all ingredients for your dish preparation, cook off kitchen will be in your city( most of the time)
10 competitor will cook in same time , among them judges will select best 1 or 2 dishes
The event will be captures as a video andshare in srilanka Jin social medias as well as Sri Lankan embassy Facebook page
Selected 1 or 2 participants will be attend to the final round at kitchen studio in Tokyo
Finalists will prepare the same dish as presented in the submitted video and photos during qualification rounds.
Competitors have to prepare the dish within 90 minutes (excluding pre-preparation)
Finalist will cook and prepare the dish without taking any help from additional person (not allowing only for dish preparation, but for any other task, will allow it, but first you have to get permission from the organizing committee )
8 participants will be there at final round
All the ingredients and equipment are provided by the organizing committee
Competitors have to prepare the dish which they shared with us at the first round
They have to prepare the dish within 90 minutes
Within that 90 minutes, competitors have to provide 3 servings. Two for tasting and one for photo shooting.
No age limit
Non Sri Lankans who are living in Japan
1st place – Champion trophy, certificate, and 5 night stay at Hotel in Sri Lanka (bed and breakfast). Air tickets will provide for two persons. 3 day cooking lesson at Sri Lanka
2nd place – Certificate, 3 days hotel stay at Hotel in Srilanka (bed and breakfast). Air ticket will be provide
3rd place – Certificate, 20,000 yen voucher for selected Sri Lanka restaurant at Japan
4th place – Certificate, 10,000 yen voucher for selected Sri Lanka restaurant at Japan
5th place – Certificate, 10,000 yen voucher for selected Sri Lanka restaurant at Japan
▼Basic rules and regulation
Overall hygiene & fresh food is very important
The dish which will prepare by the participant, need to fit for 1 person.
All participate Receive participation certificate
Award giving ceremony will be held as dinner party in Tokyo, with inviting the 8participants who will win the first 8 places
Final decision is the judge panel’s decision, no one can argue with it, appeal for it or challenge the judge panel’s decision